All About Me
Located in the Steele Foundation Gallery, Level 1
Learn more about how your body works and functions, from the inside out!
Get ready to:
- Walk through an enormous "working" stomach, complete with the sights, sounds and smells of the digestive process
- Watch surgeries being performed, featuring the techniques of Dr. Edward B. Diethrich, in the Heart Surgery Theater
- Test your heart muscles in our Wheelchair Racers
- Explore the systems of the human body–from defense and immunity to cardio and pulmonary, digestive and skeletal
- Hear your actual heartbeat as it is translated into sound on a bass drum
Plus, plan to attend exciting, live science demonstrations in the Daniel Cracchiolo Theater. This stage comes to life daily with scientific demonstrations. From eyeballs to explosions, each demonstration incorporates audience volunteers to roll up their sleeves as they question everything.