Press Release For Immediate Release
Arizona Science Center “CAMP INNOVATION: SUMMER 2021”
In-Person and Virtual Camp Offerings
Arizona Science Center is pleased to be able to offer both in-person and virtual options for students to participate in CAMP INNOVATION this summer. CAMP INNOVATION puts kids in the roles of scientists and explorers to investigate key STEM concepts. This all happens through fun, hands-on activities that build confidence, persistence, and creative problem-solving skills.
During the limited in-person sessions, the Science Center will enforce strict health and safety guidelines for all camps and team members and follow social distancing and sanitation measures established by the Centers for Disease Control, the United States Department of Labor, and the Arizona Department of Health Services.
WHAT: CAMP INNOVATION features 5-day camp sessions. The program taps into young people’s curiosity and interests and gives them the opportunity to become innovators through teamwork and creativity.
WHEN: June 7 - July 30 (Detailed schedule below)
In-person Camp Sessions–beginning June 7 for students in grades 1-6–from 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Interactive Virtual Camp Sessions–beginning June 14 for students in grades 1-6–for 90 minute daily sessions.
WHO: Students in grades 1-9
WHERE: Arizona Science Center - 600 E. Washington St., Phoenix, AZ - and Virtually
Summer 2021 Limited In-Person Camp Schedule
- June 7-11: Creepy-Crawlers, Nature, STEM Oh My! (Grades: 1-2) and ASTRO CAMP® (Grades 3-6)
- June 14-18: Behind the Scenes Science (Grades: 1-6) and ASTRO CAMP® (Grades 7-8)
- June 21-25: Build It (Grades 1-6)
- June 28-July 2: “Best Of” Camp (Grades 1-6)
- July 5-9: Creepy-Crawlers, Nature, STEM Oh My! (Grades 1-2) and AstroCamp® (Grades 3-6)
- July 12-16: Behind the Scenes Science (Grades: 1-6) and ASTRO CAMP® (Grades 7-8)
- July 12 - 30: #GIRLSINSTEM (2 Week Camp - Must be 13 to enroll)
- July 19-23: Build It (Grades 1-6)
- July 26-30: “Best Of” Camp (Grades 1-6)
Summer 2021 Virtual Camp Schedule
- June 14-18: Virtual Mix It Up (Grades 1-6)
- June 21-25: Virtual Build It (Grades 1-6)
- July 12-16: Virtual Mix It Up (Grades 1-6)
- July 19-23: Virtual Build It (Grades 1-6)
Virtual Camp Details: Virtual camps will include a daily 90-minute Zoom Call, one-on-one instruction from our camp staff, additional resources for at home self-guided extension activities, a daily Facebook Live event, and an optional end of day family Zoom Call allowing your campers the opportunity to share their work from the day.
Limited In-Person Camps:
- $260 for Members
- $295 for Non-Members
- Two Week #GIRLSINSTEM - $450 Members | $500 Non-members
- $150 for Members
- $175 for Non-Members
About Arizona Science Center: The mission of Arizona Science Center is to inspire, educate, and engage curious minds through science. The Center is committed to providing a safe environment that aligns with expert protocols for COVID-19. Leadership actively monitors and evolves policies to ensure a focus on the health and safety of guests and team members. The Center, located at 600 E. Washington Street in downtown Phoenix, features more than 300 hands-on exhibits, live demonstrations, a range of interactive online science content, the state-of-the-art Dorrance Planetarium, and the five-story Irene P. Flinn Giant Screen Theater. CREATE at Arizona Science Center®, adjacent to the main building, is the newest addition. This 6,500 square foot community maker space provides workshops, including 3D printing, laser cutting, woodworking, and sewing. The Center offers programs for all ages, including Camp Innovation, Teen programs, Professional Development and Learning for Educators, and adults’ night out: Science With A Twist. The Center also offers a broad range of online science learning resources for parents, educators, students, and anyone curious about science. For further details, please visit azscience.org.
Arizona Science Center