Teen Advisory Board
APPLICATION OPEN FOR THE 2023-2024 TEEN ADVISORY BOARD
Since the inception in 2017, Arizona Science Center’s Teen Advisory Board has engaged more than 4,283 youth, ages 13-18, in hands-on STEM learning opportunities.
Arizona Science Center's Teen Advisory Board members serve as representatives for Arizona Science Center. The Teen Advisory Board promotes relations between donors and supporters to understand the importance of teen programming better. In addition, the Teen Advisory Board works with the Center's leadership team and local community organizations to develop, test, and implement content, programs and exhibits. Through their experience on the Teen Advisory Board and with guidance from Arizona Science Center Team Members, teens ages 15+ will develop as exceptional young leaders in the community.
Throughout the year-long commitment (June – June), members will participate in monthly life readiness and personal development workshops, plan and implement community service projects, and foster their public speaking skills.
- Year-long Membership to Arizona Science Center
- Offsite STEAM exposure excursions
- Recommendation letter (by request)
- Monthly life readiness workshops and leadership development
- Networking and social opportunities
- Access to scholarship opportunities from community partners.
Twelve Teen Advisory Board members are selected through an application and interview process. Applications are NOW OPEN for the 2023-2024 academic year. We invite you to apply before the application period ends on April 30, 2023.
Requirements for applying to the Teen Advisory Board Program include the following:
- Being 15 years or older at the beginning of the program term
- High school student
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Transportation to/from in-person engagements
- Must commit to one full year of service
- Must attend all meeting dates and community service project dates as listed below
- July 8, 2023
- August 19, 2023
- September 9, 2023
- October 7, 2023
- November 4, 2023
- December 9, 2023
- January 13, 2024
- February 3, 2024
- February 17, 2024
- March 2, 2024
- April 13, 2024
- April 20, 2024
- May 4, 2024
- June 2024
- With optional off-site excursions
- October 21, 2023
- March 30, 2023
Arizona Science Center's Teen Engagement Initiative is Generously Supported By: