It’s been a challenging couple of months. We hear you and are here to help. Guided by the recommendations from the American Camp Association, as well as state, city, and county public health officials, Arizona Science Center is offering a modified version of our traditional summer camps. We look forward to welcoming you back with our two NEW camp options: virtual and limited in-person.
Our virtual camps deliver the same interactive experience in a new format and include:
- 90-minute Zoom Call with one-on-one instruction from our camp staff that includes game and movement breaks, conversation with other campers, and an off-screen activity to do each day.
- Additional resources will also be provided virtually for at home self-guided extension activities.
- Each camp day also includes an optional 12:30 p.m. Facebook Live event that corresponds to the weekly theme.
- End each camp day with an optional Family Zoom Call from 5:00 p.m.-–5:30 p.m. that allows campers the opportunity to show off their work, ask questions, and connect with other campers and staff.
For our limited in-person camps, Arizona Science Center will enforce strict health and safety guidelines for all camps and team members.
- We have conducted a deep cleaning of the Science Center since our closure in March.
- We limit the number of campers who can participate in each session.
- We will follow physical distancing guidelines with camper seating spaced at least six feet apart.
- Larger classrooms will be used as much as possible.
- We will limit sharing of materials.
- All Science Center team members will wear masks/face coverings.
- Campers over the age of 10 will also wear mask/face coverings.
- Frequent hand washing will be encouraged, and we will have hand sanitizer available.
- We will stagger drop-off and pick-up to reduce interaction between families.
- We will check camper temperatures.
- Early drop off and late pick up will be available from 8:00 a.m.– 5:30 p.m.
- We will clearly communicate that if people are not feeling well, are running a fever, or are displaying any symptoms of COVID-19, they should stay home.
Both camp offerings will tap into your camper’s natural curiosity, giving them the opportunity to become innovators through teamwork and hands-on creative problem-solving. Themes include Surviving in Space, Secret Agent Camp and more.
Registration for Members begins on May 15 at 12 p.m. Non-Member registration begins May 19.
PLEASE NOTE: All registration is on a first-come basis. Please click on the links below to view availability, as not all times and age groups are available. Sign up for a waitlist. If your preferred camp is unavailable, you can call us at 602.716.2028 to join our Summer 2020 Camps waitlist.
Secret Agent Camp
Claymation in Space
Amusement Park Camp
Calling All Future Scientists
Surviving in Space
Arizona Science Center is committed to providing access to exceptional educational experiences in STEM learning, regardless of your ability to pay program fees. Scholarships for camps are available thanks to generous donors and community partners. To apply for a scholarship for CAMP INNOVATION, please complete the short online application.
Cancellations must be requested two weeks prior to the first day of camp to receive a refund minus a $35 cancellation fee for each week-long camp per child; $10 cancellation fee for each day-long camp per child. Cancellations made within three to 14 days of the first day of camp will receive a credit minus the cancellation fee. Credit is valid for one year from the issue date. No refunds nor credits will be given after that time period. A $10 processing fee will be applied to each transfer per child. Space is limited for each camp. Transfers will be applicable only if space is available.
"The kids became more adaptable to new environments after a great experience at CAMP INNOVATION... it was their first camp away from their own preschool and they were so comfortable at the Science Center, I think it eased the next few camps we did this summer."
"The kids both brought up things they learned, my youngest son talked about dissecting a scorpion and my older son talked about energy conservation and what they built in class. The camp had a positive impact on them."
"He keeps bringing up facts he learned there out of the blue that are relevant to what we are doing! Cool!"
"She loved learning about astronomy inside the science center–new interest!"
"He wants to be a neuroscientist after doing the BNI camp"
"Thank you for an amazing experience! Lindsay was challenged daily and absolutely loved gaining deeper insight into research and science in general. Arizona Science Center has the most knowledgeable staff I have ever encountered during summer camps. We are definitely returning next year!"
"The location is wonderful, it is a very nice feature to be able to visit the Science Center. The topics are really interesting and unique - can't find this anywhere else."
"Please continue these one-day camps on holidays. Its perfect for curious children with working parents."
"My children were excited to share what they learned and what they made. They had fun with the other students. They asked to go to the next camp."
"My daughter rated the camp a 10 out of 10. This is the second camp she has attended at the ASC and it won't be our last. I love the option of one-day camps on holidays and the variety of subjects covered at the camps."
"Even my 7-year-old, who was tentative about going without knowing anyone, had a great time."
Arizona Science Center is not licensed under the laws of this state as a child care facility.