Field Trip Information
Thanks to the generosity of our community supporters, Arizona Science Center is proud to offer a great educational opportunity for your students. Field trips to Arizona Science Center provide a rich learning experience, support content standards, and create excitement for learning science through our hands-on exhibits and activities!
Plan Your Field Trip
Spark students' imagination and engage curious minds through science. Learn more about planning your field trip to Arizona Science Center! Discounted tickets are available to groups and Title 1 Schools are eligible for free admission into the Science Center.
When you have selected your field trip date, please complete our field trip request form to start your journey!
Field Trip Pricing
Children (Ages 3–17): $11.95 each
Teachers/Chaperones: $14.95 each
Focused Field Trip Orientation
Ready to begin your orientation and opportunity to receive free, general admission?
Field Trip Add-On Experiences
Be sure to check out our add on experiences for your next field trip.
Add-On Experiences can be customized to address your content focus. Below are a few examples of Add-On programs you can request:
Any Science on Wheels In Your Class programs are available year-round and designed for up to 25 students per class. Classes start at $7 per student and do not include general admission. Click here for class options
Special Thematic Add-On Experiences
Add-On themes can be customized to meet your content standards and include several activities. To create an amazing customized experience, email email@example.com.
Field Trips to CREATE Makerspace
Our CREATE Challenges for school groups are unique, hands–on activities that give students the opportunity to engage with the principles of making, tinkering and design thinking, while also developing proficiency within the framework of the ISTE educational standards. Each CREATE Challenge is designed to fit comfortably within a field trip scheduled at Arizona Science Center.
In this next-generation educational facility, we use both new and traditional technologies to foster active learning and creative problem–solving in a flexible, multi–use environment. At CREATE, we hope to ignite a passion in both students and teachers for a kind of "serious play" that is typical of the most successful scientists, artists, engineers and inventors.
Please use the request form above to request a CREATE Makerspace only field trip. CREATE field trip fees are applicable to all schools, Title 1, and community groups.
CREATE Makerspace Field Trip Options
Field Trip Policies
Guides and Curriculum
Below is a collection of guides and curriculum for use in the classroom and during your visit to the Science Center:
Fund-A-Bus Grant Initiative
Thanks to many generous partners, Arizona Science Center is pleased to offer a limited number of bus transportation grants to Arizona schools. These grants provide free bus transportation to and from Arizona Science Center for Arizona students in grades K–8. Grants are awarded for transportation costs up to $1,000.
Grants will be awarded from each of three zones based on the distance of the school from Arizona Science Center:
- Zone 1 - schools within 50 miles
- Zone 2 - schools between 51–150 miles
- Zone 3 - schools greater than 150 miles
- Teachers must complete the application form and submit a transportation invoice from the school or district transportation office by 5 p.m. on Friday, March 18, 2022.
- Incomplete packages or packages received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Funded educators will receive a notification letter via their provided email address.
- Awards will be announced monthly until available funds are exhausted.
- Upon completion of their scheduled field trips, funded educators will receive a short, field trip survey. This survey must be completed within two weeks of the scheduled field trip in order to receive funds.
- Incomplete surveys or surveys received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Funds will be released directly to the indicated school or district following the completion of the field trip survey and receipt of a school/district W-9 form.
- Field trips using Fund-a-Bus grants must be taken by March 31, 2022.
- Grant funds are not transferable.
FIELD TRIP RESERVATIONS
If you receive funding, it is your responsibility to make and/or cancel reservations for busing and the field trip to Arizona Science Center. Please book your field trip at least two weeks in advance using the Field Trip Request Form.
Arizona Science Center would like to thank the following sponsors for their generous support of field trips for school groups:
Alberta B. Farrington Foundation
Fiesta Bowl Charities
Helios Education Foundation
Kinder Morgan Foundation
Richard F. Caris Charitable Trust
Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community
US Bank Foundation
Wells Fargo Foundation