You don’t have to be a scientist to volunteer at Arizona Science Center! If you are 15 years or older, outgoing, love engaging with people of all ages, and have a passion for science, we would love to have you! Volunteers will be given the opportunity to work in exhibitions, assist with demonstrations, and practice our mission to inspire, educate, and engage curious minds through science.
Volunteering with Arizona Science Center provides individuals or groups the opportunity to give back to the community. Volunteer positions are available during normal business hours, in the evening, and on the weekends. Please join us in providing a positive experience for our guests and volunteer today at Arizona Science Center!
- Gallery Volunteer – Assist team with guest encounters and activities
- Guest Sales and Services – Sky Cycle / Groups / Theaters
- Administrative – Development / Marketing / Human Resources etc.
- Amateur Radio Operator – Must have a current HAM license
- CREATE – Makerspace
- Learning Department – Science on Wheels / STEM Extravaganza etc.
- Core Volunteer – 100 hour commitment, weekly shifts
- Event Volunteer – 6 evening or weekend events per year (ie. Science with a Twist, Laser and Liquor)
- Corporate Groups – Half Day / Full Day of Service
- Basic Membership after 100 hours of service
- Training includes viewing of shows in the Irene P. Flinn Giant Screen Theater and Dorrance Planetarium
- Discount at Bean Sprouts Café and Arizona Science Store
- Free covered parking in designated area
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
- Strong communication skills, excellent customer service skills
REQUIREMENTS and COMMITMENT
- 100 volunteer hours. One (1) shift per week
- Background check
- Be able to stand for extended periods of time
- At least 15 years of age
- Attend all trainings
- Complete a 'scavenger hunt' training designed to help you familiarize yourself with the Science Center
To become a volunteer, please fill out the Volunteer Application form:
When you submit the Volunteer Application Google Form it will be sent to:
This is a selective process and not all applications are accepted. We reserve the right to place volunteers in the area we feel is best suited to their skills and the needs of Arizona Science Center.
Saturday, February 24 | 8:45 a.m. – 12 p.m. at Arizona Science Center
Saturday, March 24 | 8:45 a.m. – 12 p.m. at Arizona Science Center