Science With A Twist
Put a twist on your Friday night and join Arizona Science Center for the newest adults–only event including music, cash bar, live demos and much more!
Science With A Twist: Speakeasy
Shhh...We've Got ’Booze’ and Secret Science
Friday, January 19, 2018 | 6–10 p.m.
$12 General | Members receive FREE 2 General Tickets; Additional $10 each.
Slip on your most extravagant flapper dress and break out your sharpest suit for an evening of science with a speakeasy twist. Enjoy prohibition-era style music and specialty cocktails including the Highball and Gin Ricky, while roaming all four levels of the Center. No snitches or anyone under 21 allowed.
Join these shenanigans, inspired by the Prohibition era:
- Swing, Foxtrot or do the Lindy Hop throughout the evening as DJ Joseph Mercado mixes the 1920s with 2018 electronic beats
- Try a Gin Ricky, Highball or Dark, and Stormy–popular Prohibition cocktails*
- See special science demos with a speakeasy twist
- Dress up as a flapper, gangster or bootlegger and enter the 1920s Costume Contest | 8:45 p.m.
- Experience Led Zeppelin laser show in the Dorrance Planetarium* | 9:15 p.m.
POMPEII: THE EXHIBITION
Timed Entry: 6:30 –9 p.m.
$11.95 Non-Members | $9.95 Members
For more information about the exhibition, visit our POMPEII: THE EXHIBITION page.
Led Zeppelin Laser Show | 9:15 p.m. showing
$9 Non-Members | $8 Members
*Additional cost for food, shows and cocktails
Arizona Science Center has a few policies that are necessary for the safety and comfort of everyone. Please comply so that you and everyone else can enjoy the event.
Costumes with or without masks are allowed into the event.
Attire that is not appropriate for the event—and which may result in refusal of admittance—includes but is not limited to:
- Clothing which, by nature, exposes excessive portions of the skin. No extreme nudity or pasties allowed.
No functional props or weapons are allowed at Science With A Twist. Simulated or costume weapons are allowed as a part of your costume, subject to prior approval by security and compliance with the following:
- All costume props and weapons must conform to state and federal law.
- Projectile costume props and weapons must be rendered inoperable.
- Functional (real) arrows must have their tips removed and be bundled and zip-tied to a quiver.
- Costume swords must be tied to your costume in such a way that they can’t be drawn.
- No costumes featuring stilts.
- Blunt weapons such as baseball bats, cricket bats, and hockey sticks are prohibited.
Hoverboards are not allowed at Science With A Twist.
No Pets Allowed
If you have pets, including iguanas, parrots, boa constrictors, or other nonhuman critters.
No Smoking, Including E-cigarettes and Vaping Products and Devices
No smoking is allowed in the Science Center including the terraces and balcony areas at any time.
Arizona Science Center reserves the right to change or modify any policy or rule at any time and without notice.