Virtual Learning Support
Welcome to Science Hall, where students in grades K-6 can attend school virtually from CREATE at Arizona Science Center.® Under the supervision of our enthusiastic and experienced learning team, students will have a dedicated space and support to safely navigate through their virtual school day. When the work is complete, students will participate in regular daily hands-on STEAM enrichment activities, access to CONNECT @ Arizona Science Center, and more!
- Grades: K-6
- Hours of operation: Monday - Friday 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Flexible registration offered weekly to fit the needs of your family.
- Daily Fee:
- Members: $40
- Non-Members: $50
- Weekly Fee
- Members: $200 per student per week
- Non-Members: $250 per student per week
- Daily, hands-on STEAM enrichment activities from CONNECT @ Arizona Science Center—covering a variety of topics, including astronomy, biology, chemistry, geology, physics, weather, and more.
- Independent learning time to complete distance education requirements—with support from on-site educators to keep everyone on task.
- Students will be separated into small groups by grade level. Each grade-level “bubble” will be kept as static as possible with all children staying with the same team each week.
- Extensive sanitization and health procedures.
- Daily health screening and temperature checks in addition to the wearing of masks will be required.
For questions or assistance with registration, please contact email@example.com.
Arizona Science Center is proud to support families with facilitated distance learning support regardless of their ability to pay. Scholarships for Science Hall are available thanks to generous donors and community partners.
Students will be required to bring their own school supplies, including a computer/tablet, charger/cord, headphones, pencils, paper and any necessary textbooks. Additional supplies to bring each day include non-refrigerated lunch and snacks, cloth face covering or mask, a water bottle, and a book or quiet activity
Due to varying school schedules, our Team Members will work with each student to ensure they are online for all live virtual sessions and will complete independent assignments during the school day as time provides. Please note that we consider your child’s teacher to have primary responsibility for their educational needs. Our educators are science specialists who can provide basic support but are not tutors or classroom educators.
7:15 - 7:45 a.m. | Check-in
7:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. | Live virtual learning via electronic device - independent learning
11:30 - 12:00 p.m. | Lunch
12:00 - 2:00 p.m. | Live virtual learning via electronic device - independent learning
2:00 - 4:00 p.m. | Science enrichment
*Snack times and breaks will be included throughout the day
All science enrichment will be grade-appropriate and feature activities from CONNECT @ Arizona Science Center that align with state science standards.
Yes, both students and Team Members will be required to wear appropriate face masks or cloth face coverings.
Arizona Science Center implemented health and safety procedures and protocols as it relates to COVID-19. These protocols, which were tested during our Summer Camp season, primarily fall into the categories of intensified cleaning, health and hygiene best practices, and physical distancing efforts.
We continue to follow all recommendations by the CDC, Arizona Health Department, and American Camp Association:
- Enhanced daily protocols, on top of our standard stringent sanitation procedures including daily deep cleaning of each classroom.
- Student and Team Member groupings are kept as static as possible by having the same group of students stay with the same team each week. Mixing between groups is restricted.
- Seating is spaced at least six feet apart. Larger classrooms are being utilized to maintain social distance as much as possible inside the classroom.
- We have ordered adequate supplies to minimize the sharing of high touch materials to the extent possible (art supplies, equipment, etc. assigned to a single student).
Arizona Science Center Team Members and instructors have increased cleaning procedures by:
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces (for example, door handles, sink handles) by Arizona Science Center Team Members.
- Cleaning and disinfecting shared objects (for example, toys, games, art supplies) between uses by instructors.
- Ensuring safe and correct application of disinfectants and keeping products away from students.
- Ensuring ventilation systems operate properly and increasing circulation of outdoor air as much as possible by opening windows and doors, using fans, or other methods
Arizona Science Center will adhere to enhanced social distancing guidelines by:
- Ensuring that student and Team Members groupings are as static as possible by having the same small group of children stay with the same Team Members all day.
- Restricting mixing between groups.
- Limiting gatherings and extracurricular activities to those that can maintain social distancing and support proper hand hygiene (such as visits to the main building of Arizona Science Center).
- Restricting nonessential visitors, volunteers, and activities involving other groups at the same time.
- Spacing seating/desks to at least six feet apart.
- Using classrooms for meals and snacks instead of the group lunchroom.
At this time, the CDC recommends screenings at check-in. This includes:
- Checking each child’s temperature upon arrival at on-site.
- Asking the parent/guardian to confirm that the child has not had symptoms (fever of 100.4 °F or greater, cough, shortness of breath, diarrhea, fatigue, headache, muscle aches, nausea, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, vomiting, etc.) within the past two weeks.
- Asking questions about whether the children or family members have been in contact with any confirmed cases of COVID-19.
- The results of the initial health screening will determine if an individual is permitted to enter camp or if they require additional screening and evaluation. Camp Innovation reserves the right not to admit people who pose a communicable disease risk to others.
- Sick children and Team Members are required to stay home.
Arizona Science Center is taking the following actions to encourage the health of students and Team Members:
- Students and Team Members who may become sick while at camp will be sent home as soon as possible. Please be prepared to pick up your student as soon as possible if they become sick.
- Sick students will be kept separate from well students and Team Members until they can be sent home.
- Students and Team Members may not return to Science Hall until they have met the CDC guidelines for home isolation.
Due to the fact that the COVID-19 outbreak has not yet been contained, the following plans are in place in case students come into contact with a potential case:
- Arizona Science Center Team Members will separate anyone who exhibits COVID-like symptoms, using current guidelines from the CDC.
- Next, Team Members should check the temperature of the individual according to camp processes using an appropriate thermometer of choice. Clean the thermometer with an alcohol wipe (or isopropyl alcohol on a cotton swab) between each camper or Team Members member.
- If the student and Team Member is suspected to have COVID-19 based on this assessment, a face mask or cloth face covering should be placed on the individual. The individual will be isolated by separating symptomatic individuals by at least 6 feet. The area for individuals with symptoms will be at least 6 feet away from other areas of the health center or in a separate room.
- Parents/guardians will be notified by phone to pick up their student immediately.
- We will notify local health officials, Team Members, and families immediately of a confirmed case while maintaining confidentiality as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Areas used by a sick person will be closed off, and kept closed before cleaning and disinfection. CDC guidelines will be followed to ensure safe and correct application of disinfectants and keep disinfectant products away from students.
- Sick Team Members will be advised not to return until they have met CDC criteria to discontinue home isolation. Follow current guidance by the CDC.
Arizona Science Center will be checking state and local health department notices daily about transmission in the area and adjust operations accordingly.