Rules and Guidelines
INTEL INTERNATIONAL SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING FAIR
Intel ISEF 2018 Rules
RULES AND GUIDELINES
CHANGES AND MODIFICATIONS SINCE 2015Projects involving student designed invention, program, etc.
- Wording has been changed from "testing of student–designed invention, program, concept, etc." to "testing of student–designed invention or prototype."
Changes to Form 4–Human Participants Form
- Added clarification that the lower part of the form is for IRB Use Only.
- Added “Designated Supervisor Required” as a possible condition for IRB approval.
Potential Hazardous Biological Agents (PHBAs)
- Added hooves, nails and feathers to the list of tissues that do not need to be treated as PHBAs.
- Removed the requirement of SRC approval for some studies using E.coli K–12.
Vertebrate Animal Rules
- Studies in which livestock or fish are being raised for food using standard agricultural/aquacultural production practices are allowed. The livestock or fish may be euthanized by a qualified adult for carcass evaluation.
For all SRC Questions, Click here.