Climb, slide and explore this one-of-a-kind space-inspired experience!
Opens Saturday, October 6, 2018
Cosmic Playground will inspire and delight creators, climbers and space-lovers of all ages. Guests can climb, slide, and explore the galaxy in a unique all-ages play space made almost entirely of household packing tape, and participate in an array of space-themed activities while immersed in cosmic light, sound and motion. Cosmic Playground is located in the Sybil B. Harrington Gallery.
- Climb in a tunnel of stars, slide into a wormhole, and travel through a black hole —all artfully made out of packing tape. Note: Socks are required. Space suits optional.
- Spin like the planets in a SPUN chair and bounce across Mars on Space Hopper bouncing balls.
- Let loose in the Milky Way Ball Pit.
- Take an out-of-this-world Astronaut Selfie.
- Leap from planet to planet across our solar system.
- Participate in daily activities and demos in the Aspiring Astronaut Station.
Arizona Science Center’s Blue Crew, our team of science interpreters, will lead daily space-themed demonstrations and activities which will no doubt inspire many guests to visit more than once throughout the during the duration of the run.
Unique Space-Inspired, Crawlable Community Art Installation
Cosmic Playground will feature 3 distinct space-inspired play structures, all made of 50 miles of ordinary household packing tape stretched, layered and engineered into unique structures. These structures are known as TapeScapes. Created by Eric Lennartson, an artist with a background in architecture and engineering, and constructed with the help of corporate teams and community volunteer groups from across the valley, Arizona Science Center will have three one-of-a-kind art installations that make an ordinary everyday material into something extraordinary.
Cosmic Playground Pricing - Now On Sale
Arizona Science Center Members
$3.95 Adults and Children (3–17)
Arizona Science Center members receive FREE general admission to the Center's permanent exhibits.
Log into your membership account to receive membership pricing and tickets. Click here, to purchase now!
$4.95 Adult and Children (3–17)
General Admission: Adults: $18 | Children (3–17): $13
General admission is required to visit Cosmic Playground.
Groups of 15+
$3.95 Adults and Children (3–17)
For more details about groups pricing, contact Groups Sales Department at 602.716.2028 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Things To Know Before Your Visit
- Cosmic Playground is a SHOE-Free Environment. To provide a clean and safe place for fun, all guests in Cosmic Playground must wear clean socks in the TapeScapes. Please bring your own clean socks or you can purchase a pair for $1.
- Food and drinks not allowed in the Cosmic Playground area.
- Cosmic Playground is ADA Accessible
- Photos are encouraged. Make sure to tag your location at Arizona Science Center and include #CosmicPlayground in your caption when sharing on social media.
Special Events and Evening Openings
Members Preview | All Ages | 9–10 a.m. | Sat., Oct. 6
Opening Day | All Ages | 6–10 p.m. | Sat., Oct. 6
Astronomy Day | All Ages | Sat., Oct. 13
Science With A Twist: Stranger Science, Stranger Things | Adults 21+ Only | 6–10 p.m.| Fri., Oct. 19
Hocus Pocus Family Night | All Ages | 6–10 p.m.| Sat., Oct. 27
Teen Science Social: Harry Potter | High School Teens Grades 9–12 | 6–10 p.m.| Sat., Nov. 10
Science With A Twist: Game of Thrones | Adults 21+ Only | 6–10 p.m.| Fri., Nov. 18
Snow Week 2018 | All Ages | 10 a.m.–5 p.m. | Dec. 26, 2018–Jan. 1, 2019