We offer a free teacher orientation and materials that will prepare you, and your students and chaperones, for a science centered field trip. Below, you will find pre- and post-visit materials, standards-based teacher and student investigations and guides, and bilingual chaperone guides.
Click here for information on planning your trip.
Click here to learn about hands-on workshops available during a field trip.
You may be eligible for a Free School Admissions Field Trip.
Teacher Orientations: Making the Most of Your Field Trip
Orientations are free, two hour workshops that introduce teachers to Arizona Science Center's philosophy and approach to field trips. Teachers also earn professional development hours. Orientations cover the following:
- Preparing students for a field trip
- Preparing chaperones for a field trip
- Learning about pre- and post-visit activities including discussions and investigations
- Developing a plan for your visit
- The Arizona Republic/12 News Season for Sharing
- BBVA Compass Foundation
- Cox Charities
- Coyotes Charities
- Emerson Network Power
- Executive Council Charities
- Freeport-McMoRan Copper and Gold Foundation
- General Dynamics
- Helios Education Foundation
- John F. Long Foundation
- Phoenix Suns Charities
- Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community
- U.S. Bancorp Foundation
- Wells Fargo Bank Arizona
Click here to register for our free teacher orientation.
Be sure to visit the Events and Workshops page for additional teacher resources and here for information on how to receive a free Educator Membership to Arizona Science Center.
Arizona Science Center would like to thank the following sponsors for their generous support of field trips for school groups: