ARIZONA SCIENCE CENTER
600 E. Washington Street
Phoenix, Arizona 85004
GALAXY GALA 2014
Linda Pope, Chair
Melani Walton, Chair
Christi Warner-Beyer, Vice Chair
- The Science of Ripley’s Believe It Or Not! Private Exhibition Preview
- A performance by one of the world’s top mentalists – Gerard Senehi. Driven by a passion for expanding what we consider possible, Gerard Senehi has a unique ability to get even the most sophisticated audiences to suspend their ideas, creating space to consider new possibilities. Do you believe?
Individual Tickets: $500
Tables of 10: $5,000+
Click HERE to purchase tickets/reserve your table. Limited seating available!
Do you believe you can win?
Arizona Science Center Galaxy Gala 2014 Raffle
Win one of these amazing prizes!
- 7-night journey to Italy including a $5,000 US Airways gift card AND a custom piece of jewelry from E. D. Marshall Jewelers.
- Jewelry by Gauthier $10,000 gift certificate
- Private, catered “Dinner Under the Stars” for up to 20 people at Arizona Science Center’s Dorrance Planetarium
- US Airways (6) $1,000 travel vouchers.
1 Ticket for $100 or 6 Tickets for $500
Limited Number Available
Click HERE to reserve your chance.
Drawing to be held on Saturday, February 8, 2014, at Arizona Science Center’s Galaxy Gala (“Event”). Employees of Arizona Science Center, US Airways, Fantastica Italia, Jewelry by Gauthier, E.D. Marshall, and members of the immediate family of any such employees are not eligible to participate. The winner(s) must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age to participate. Winner(s) need not be present to win. Prize(s) must be claimed within 30 days. TAXES AND IRS RULES. Winner(s) shall be responsible for any and all federal, state and local income or excise taxes, fees, assessments and like charges associated with the prizes. Winner(s) shall be responsible for securing any documentation required to travel internationally. SPECIAL NOTE: At the time of this printing, federal law requires that corresponding tax withholding on prize values of $5,000 or greater must be collected from winner(s) upon award and distribution. Federal and state withholding laws are subject to change without notice. The withholding laws in effect at the time prizes are claimed will be followed. The IRS has taken the position that amounts paid for chances to participate in raffles, lotteries or similar programs are not gifts and, therefore, the price of the entry does not qualify as a deductible charitable contribution. All taxes must be paid in full before claiming prize. Payment for all income taxes should be made payable to Arizona Science Center with bank certified funds or by bank wire.
YOU WON’T BELIEVE WHAT YOUR DONATION SUPPORTS!
- $50,000 provides 286 Science on Wheels outreach programs benefiting 8,571 K-8 students.
- $35,000 enables 2,100 students to participate in an Arizona Science Center STEM Saturday program in their community.
- $25,000 enables 4,167 students to visit Arizona Science Center through a Focused Field Trip.
- $15,000 supports 67 full-tuition scholarships for students to participate in Arizona Science Center’s Camp Innovation.
- $10,000 provides professional development training for one school through Arizona Science Center’s Freeport-McMoRan Foundation Center for Leadership in Learning for one year.
- $5,000 underwrites the delivery of 28 Early Childhood STEM outreach programs.
Click HERE for Sponsorship & Underwriting Opportunities.
View the donors for Galaxy Gala 2013HERE.
|For more information about Galaxy Gala please contact:
Director of Donor Relations and Events